I tried many custom roms for my phone but the most stable one i found didn't have Playstore. One solution that i had was to flash gapps package corresponding to my rom via clockwork recovery. But that gapps package was sized around 85mbs. I can't waste my phone's precious internal memory for a playstore worth 85mbs and having other crap gapps which i do not use. I tried everything like manually installing playstore apk, modding gapps package...nothing worked. then i found a solution. Follow these simple steps:
- Download latest available Playstore apk file. Simply google it.
- Download the Gapps package (don't panic) corresponding to your rom.
- Navigate through that gapps package and extract the apk file GoogleServicesFramework. You can also find playstore apk here :-).
- Move both these apk files using any root browser to the folder /system/app/
- Rename playstore as 'Vending.apk' and the later file as 'GoogleServicesFramework.apk'
- Change the permissions of these two apks using any root browser as "tick Read for owner, group ,others and tick Write for owner only".
- Restart your phone.
- Done. Your phone now have playstore without having to flash gapps.
This worked for me, let me know about you. Thanks.